- What is the opposite of being jealous?
- What’s a word for jealousy?
- Is jealousy a mental illness?
- What is the root of jealousy?
- Is jealousy a sign of love or insecurity?
- What do you call a person who hides their feelings?
- What is a word for not a big deal?
- What is the opposite of infidelity?
- What is the opposite of envy?
- Can someone with alexithymia love you?
- How do you describe a jealous person?
- How can I overcome jealousy?
- What is the word for not feeling anything?
- What do you call someone who hides their pain behind a smile?
What is the opposite of being jealous?
Most of the time, it feels like compersion.
Compersion is essentially the opposite of jealousy, and it’s an experience we talk about a lot in nonmonogamy.
You can feel jealous when your partner feels excited about someone they just met..
What’s a word for jealousy?
In this page you can discover 43 synonyms, antonyms, idiomatic expressions, and related words for jealous, like: envious, possessive, resentful, bitter, green-eyed, insecure, apprehensive, unconcerned, wary, unresentful and trusting.
Is jealousy a mental illness?
Abnormal jealousy: Also called pathological jealousy or extreme jealousy, this may be a sign of an underlying mental health issue, such as schizophrenia, anxiety, or issues with control.
What is the root of jealousy?
Jealousy comes out of a lack of trust; lack of trust in the process of life, in your partner, in yourself. Lack of trust breeds insecurity, which creates jealousy; we stifle these feelings because they are uncomfortable.
Is jealousy a sign of love or insecurity?
Many people glamourize jealousy by saying it’s a sign of love. It’s not! It’s a sign of insecurity and reflective of seeing your partner as an object to be possessed. It’s a negative emotion stemming from both desire and insecurity, but not love.
What do you call a person who hides their feelings?
‘introvert’ may be word for the person who keeps his emotions to himself. The opposite being ‘extrovert’.
What is a word for not a big deal?
What is another word for no big deal?immaterialirrelevantinsignificantunimportantextraneousinappositeinconsequentialtrivialtriflingunnecessary90 more rows
What is the opposite of infidelity?
What is the opposite of infidelity?faithfulnessfidelityfealtyloyaltyconstancydevotednessfaithstaunchnesssteadfastnesshonesty30 more rows
What is the opposite of envy?
Mudita. … Mudita is the opposite of envy. If envy means, “When you win, I lose,” and schadenfreude means, When you lose, I win,” mudita means, “When you win, I win.”
Can someone with alexithymia love you?
Although people with alexithymia fall in love, they don’t know how to show affection. Their significant others find themselves in an emotional vacuum, where their most basic emotional needs aren’t being met. … They fall in love, experience emotions, feel happy, and suffer just like anyone else.
How do you describe a jealous person?
1) Envious: covetous, desirous, resentful, grudging, begrudging, green (with envy). 2) A Jealous lover: suspicious, distrustful, mistrustful, doubting, insecure, anxious, possessive, proprietorial, overprotective. 3) Protective: vigilant, watchful, heedful, mindful, careful, solicitous.
How can I overcome jealousy?
Overcoming jealousy: The DosDO recognize you have an issue. … DO actually trust them. … DO keep yourself busy. … DO improve your self-esteem. … DO communicate properly with your partner. … DON’T compare yourself to others. … DON’T play games. … DON’T try to make them jealous.More items…
What is the word for not feeling anything?
unmoved. adjective. formal not feeling any emotion, especially feeling no sympathy or sadness when other people would expect you to.
What do you call someone who hides their pain behind a smile?
OP DEFINITION eccedentesiast (noun) someone who hides pain behind a smile.